Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DCWV DIY Family Frame

I love taking an old item and re-purposing it.
I had this nice frame out on my nightstand, but basically it was just collecting dust. My sister's birthday is coming up and I thought making her a custom frame would be a perfect gift.

First, take the frame apart. Grab a spray paint color you love.
Spray both sides, and of course let it dry. 



I pulled this page from one of the brand new DCWV Mini Album. I love how you can mix and match a bunch of DCWV products that just work perfectly together.
So, with this page, I played with some Tim Holtz Distress Inks and water.


While that dried, I grabbed a fun wood shape and smudged some Milled Lavender Distress Ink. Set aside to dry.


I took the mat out of the frame and covered with with this great DCWV Premium Paper Grey Dot Velum.


Once both sides of the frame were dry, I took this beautiful Grey DCWV Premium Paper cut out sheet and ModPodge'd it to the frame.
Yes, very time consuming, but worth it. Once I had it all secured and cut off the excess, I took a Clear Coat Spray and sprayed over the frame.


While that dried, I grabbed the wood piece. I added this Family word, a butterfly and of course - a Blue Moon Bead Flower Bead!


Now put the frame together.


 Now, the frame is finished and turned out amazing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment