Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fresh California Seashell Jars

My favorite creations are those I give to the people I love, and have a meaning behind them.

I made these Seashell Jars for my niece.
My mom is bringing her out to California to hang out with me for Spring Break.
I had asked her what she wanted to do while she was out here, and it can be anything she wanted. She told me all she wanted to do was hang out, go to the beach and collect more seashells. She said she still had the ones from her 10th birthday trip here in 2011, but they didn't smell like the ocean anymore.


So I thought I would make her some jars, that sealed closed, so they could keep the ocean smell in. I made her one jar for her 2011 shells and a 2016 shell jar.


I found these darling jars at Hobby Lobby. I hand tied some jute cording to look like fishing net. I added some FotoBella Anchor Charms, some seashells I had kept from her 2011 trip, and even a picture of us from 2011 in a ModPodge Metal Charm. I used the Bo Bunny Alphabet Stamp set to stamp the location and year on some DCWV Ocean Breeze Stack cut outs.  


On the lids, I used GlueFast Acrylic Coating and layered it on thick! I covered the glue with some real SoCal beach sand and then stuck some real seashells in. I covered some of the shells with glitter, I added some Blue Moon Beads for shine, as well as some Santoro London Wood Shapes colored with my Chameleon Pens

** She loved them!! We were able to gather shells at the beach, and she filled the jar full! I couldn't be more happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment